First, I am stunned I found a working Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Second, I am surprised I found it so easily locally. Went like this:
- Walked into local camera shop.
- Saw Electro in the bottom of the case.
- Asked if it works. Answer was yes.
- Really? How much? $65.
- Really! I’ll take it.
- Manu, “Wait, it works?”…
- Sorry Manu.
I waded through a boatload of busted shelf trophy examples online before finding this one.
And work it did. SE Camera even gifted me with the ever-ready case on a later visit.
- Bright viewfinder in my example.
- Appreciate the 45mm focal length.
- Very bright at f/1.7.
- Nice LED exposure read out in viewfinder and on top plate.
- Sharp Yashinon lens.
- Shutter lock.
- Surprisingly solid feeling without being heavy.
- Accurate metering.
- It is a beaut.
- Fragile. Hard to escape the feeling that this will soon be a shelf trophy without warning one day.
- Weird battery. The one that came in the camera just packed it in (Hope it is the battery…) and it took a bit longer than usual to find one online.
Sample shots from the first roll below and ongoing gallery here.