At times our goals contradict each other and this happened with me recently.
- Value means a lot to me. May seem odd when discussing photography where many would argue that a mobile phone will do. But even in this realm, I always seek the most frugal option available to meet an end.
- Had recently moved to full frame mirrorless, A7III specifically.
- Had been a while, but I wanted to get a hold of a 70-200mm f/2.8 or equivalent again.
So why not go with a 70-200mm f/2.8 or equivalent for mirrorless?
Continue reading “Mirrorless 70-200mm conundrum: Old friend Pentax came to the rescue.”
- I LOVE 50mm lenses.
- I LOVE (ok really, really like) Sony mirrorless cameras.
- Finding a proper 50mm lens for Sony mirrorless has been a struggle up to this point.
But “What about lens XYZ?” you may be saying. My criteria may be considered odd by some. My expectations for 50mm lenses are informed by my early experiences with 35mm film. Namely:
Continue reading “Solving My Sony 50mm Conundrum, aka Cony, aka Frankenmacro Part II”
Right off the bat this is a top 5 lens for me. Perhaps top 3.
I had Pentax DSLRs a couple of times before and this lens was on my radar both times. With my recent return to Pentax, I bought a used copy. Immediately became very attached to it, but then to my great disappointment, it broke. Returned it. Hurt to do so. Tried to let it go. Then it went on sale… new… and very silver… for about what I paid for the used one.
Why did I want this lens? So many reasons. Continue reading “Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited Review”
I stood no chance with this lens. Fought it as I did this purchase was inevitable. Why? Continue reading “Light and bright: 7artisans 50mm f/1.1”
My first post about the Contax 137 MA Quartz was a leap of faith.
Faith in the Contax name. This is my fourth (35mm) Contax and each has been rock solid.
Faith in KEH.com bargain grade. Have purchased many an item bargain grade from KEH and each has been rock solid.
My second post was about the new covering I put on it. Very happy with that.
Ah. Lenses. Purchased the excellent normal Contax Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm <inhales> f/1.7 with the camera.
Continue reading “Contax 137 MA Quartz Part 3: Photo Update”